Wednesday 8 October 2008

Sexism! Sexism!

Janet Street Porter on her being on question time and Nigel not:

It is my second insult in a week. When Nigel Farage, the head of UKIP, a party with big aspirations and limited success, was bumped off Question Time, he told newspapers that I only appeared to give the show "gender balance". Female voters, please take note.
There is indeed sexism there of course. It emanating from the BBC who both told us that was the reason the Janet S-P was to be on the program and Nigel not and, of course, took that decision solely on the basis of the sex of the two individuals.

And if that ain't sexism then I'm a banana.

2 comments:

Gawain Towler said...

I thought she was there to give the audience something to laugh at. I must be mistaken

marksany said...

I'm surprised that La Street-Porter is insulted so infrequently